Sunday, April 29, 2012

It was a stressful week last week. Partly my fault and partly EVERYONE ELSE AROUND ME... I wont talk about them. What I did to stress myself out was to give up cola cold turkey. I'm on day 7 now. grrr. I've been wanting to do it for years, and yes I did view it as an addiction. At least one can a day from literally as far back as I can remember (I consumed cola, coffee and tea from the age of 3). On top of that my friend and I were talking about behaviour in school, in particular the swearing from the kids. But of course I swear like a sailor (no, not when the kids are around) and she can have her bad moments, so we decided to make a no swearing pact. And we both properly failed that. :) But we'll try again this week. And it rained. Oh, lordy how it rained. The Girl and I are trying to train for the Race for Life 5K in June, but it's proving difficult to feel happy enough to get out there. We did go ahead and go on Wednesday and ran in the gale and had a good time. And I applied for an internal job at work. It's made me feel rather paranoid about my abilities. Above is my lunch for tomorrow. Good food is the best revenge after all. Quinoa tabouleh on the left and a decidedly green salad with carrot sticks and boiled egg on the right. olive oil and balsamic vinegar. If everything else goes wrong tomorrow (and it could) I've got my lunch.

No comments: