Tuesday, April 13, 2010

and then he was four...



Mamma's boy is four today.
I love my kids.

As requested the cakes are chocolate with a honey frosting. The honey from the honey bear jar that we brought back with us from the Honey Farm in Wales. Before we went away I bought the Thunderbirds cake toppers from ebay. He's very pleased. I am too.
For 16 or so cakes
3 eggs
100 grams of butter (lurpac for best cakes)
100 grams of caster sugar
100 grams of plain flour
2 and 1/2 tsps of baking powder
35 grams of cocoa powder
15 grams of cornflour
dash of vanilla extract
dash of milk

Beat the room temp. butter and sugar for a full 3 minutes (it does help) so that the mixture looks like frosting. Then eggs and dry ingredients stirred in in 3rds. Milk at the end if you need it.

The butter creme was 250 grams of icing sugar, 100 grams of butter and about 2 tablespoons of honey, beaten together until irresistible.

And where have I been? Besides the coast of Wales I mean?
Well, after the shingles in October, I needed to do something to make me feel fitter and calmer. And it was raining a lot. A lot. And therefore couldn't go for long walks with my kids (not all kids are game for that sort of thing). By Thanksgiving evening, I couldn't take it anymore and asked hubby to buy us a Wii and Wii fit. And he did. It's been the best thing ever. I highly recommend it. I do yoga in the morning before work and then another 45 minutes of exercise fun after I get Mamma's boy to bed in the evening. I haven't lost loads of weight, but I'm much happier and coping with work. I've also had a check up with the doctor, who says that all the tests show that I am rude with health. He says to not put all your energy into trying to fit into the BMI chart. Each person is different.
I like my doctor.
The other place I've been is Facebook. I know, I know, you don't have to tell me, I've experienced it fully. I can't discuss everything as this blog is about being positive. Don't worry, I'm ok now and will get back to doing productive things again. promise!


1 comment:

Christine said...

Wow really cute cupcakes! Belated happy birthday to your big boy! He's now fantastic 4!