Sunday, March 08, 2009

irises, Lidl and celeriac soup



We've been going to Lidl.  I could no longer justify paying £1.45 for a cucumber. I know it's not hip, but I like to have salad all year round. The Girl spotted a celeriac and was intrigued. Mamma's boy has stated clearly that he will not be consuming that particular foodstuff. So I made it into soup, since he wont eat soup anyway. The Girl has tried it and likes it!
Lidl feels like an American store of old (you know, when I lived there).  Multi-cultural without all the Premium Branding and sometimes a bit risky.  It feels all edgy buying a net of peppers and wondering if they will go off before I can use them. And what's not to love about a place that sells a pork gyro pizza??? 

This week's bargain: £0.45 for a cucumber! I bought 3!  

No comments: