Saturday, November 15, 2008

painting detail

When I was 18, I produced my first painting within the abstract expressionist style. My art teacher looked at it, told me that it was very good and that I would never produce anything better. He used his fingers to frame a particular area of about 2 inches square and said that that was that was what true painting was about. He asked for the painting, I gave it to him. I, as you probably can guess, don't paint on a regular basis now. I don't know if it's because I'm a person that will prioritise everything else before my art, or if it's because I have found it difficult to get past that moment.
But I'm having a go now. And, for the moment, I'm going to photograph as I go along. But it may not always get published, or mentioned...playing that one as it comes.

Menu is working well. And that means that food is not very interesting because it is the same every week. Mamma's Boy is a confirmed vegetarian like his sister. But he is Mamma's Boy and his favourite thing to eat is PIE. This makes me very happy. For election celebrations I made a succotash with pastry tops in the shapes of stars and stripes.

No comments: