Sunday, February 18, 2007

D is for...


We have a week off of school and I feel that I'm coming around a proverbial corner in my life. My baby's first year is sadly almost over. He's 10 months old now. And as many fellow parents will know, the first year is demanding and constantly changing. When I'm feeling low I feel that I've missed loads because I work full time. Jealous of my husband. And of course he is jealous of me for going out.
But both children are flourishing and hubby and I are in a good place.
The corner is this...I'm...on a...diet. I've not been on a 'diet' for years. I am a foodie after all. There are other reasons for not going on a diet, but that is too personal. As I said in previous posts, food hasn't been a focus anyway.
Not to worry, I'm not on a fad diet. Very healthy and balanced. Hubby is eating with me and supporting me. And I'm walking everyday with the fun pedometre thingy to get to 10,000 steps. I love doing things like that. When I walk to and from school, I hit the target no problem.

Porridge in the morning
nuts and fruit for snacks
soup and salads (with yogurt and hot sauce! yum!) for lunch
and small portions at night.

I do not like feeling hungry and I do not like thinking about it all the time, so I've changed the menu and put patterns in place so I don't have to think about it. A mind that has that thinking pattern of *diet, diet, don't eat, don't eat, can I? Am I thin yet?*, is a very very boring mind.
I want my joints to stop hurting and I want to wear nicer clothes and feel nice in them. That's all. Small details considering how many other things I am doing and thinking about and so will not be mentioned again.

Next post: lunch bag friend Tony

Next week: My parents arrive to visit!

No comments: