Friday, December 23, 2005

fairy birthday

The Girl's birthday is Christmas Eve, so we arranged for her best-est friends to come over Thursday for a bit of early celebration. We found a Fairy Christmas Cookbook at the book store and used that for inspiration. The cake recipe itself was very nice, but as with most things it was not as easy to assemble as first believed.
Went to the store with Hubby and the girl today, before it closed for two days, oh my gosh what will we all do??? I had plans of making Christmas dinner from whatever mark downs I could find. You know, adventure cooking,money saving and heck, save some food from being thrown out. Well, two out of three isn't bad. I found two poussins, a quid each, marked down fresh herbs and veggies. But of course we managed to buy chocolates, crackers, crisps and dips, so no money saved. Nevermind, eh?
I quite like having Christmas at home with just the three of us. We play nice records (we have a good selection of gospel and Christmas albums), watch tv, play games and eat a nice meal. The only meal a year where I go all out and try to really show my stuff, but at the same time try not to get too stressed about it all. So I start prep in the morning and gradually build up to the evening meal.
I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, hope it goes well for you all.

No comments: