Monday, May 02, 2005

Hello from the food teacher

Well, I've been wanting to do this for ages, but never felt that I would be clever enough. Therefore, I won't try to make any sweeping statements about what I will be doing here. Perhaps I'll settle in for a bit and then go in a hopefully interesting direction. A bit about myself might help. I'm an American living in Britain. I'm a food teacher in an inner city secondary comprehensive and before that I worked as a chef here and back in Illinois (is that too much information??? will they find me?) I'm just realising that I haven't actually anything interesting to hide, so I'll have to be creative. Things that I thought I might write about include food, school life and things that make life interesting and bareable. There is a Mr. and a six year precocious girl at home, the rest will more than likely be revealed as I go along. One thing that I'm interested in is food photography, so as soon as I figure out how to get pictures onto this thing, you'll see some of my stuff. I'm really looking forward to this and hope that I will able to contribute in someway to something. How vague is all that?

1 comment:

Rachael Narins said...

HI! I really like your blog. We seem to have something in common, I too am a cooking teacher living in the UK (The Midlands...lucky me), though I am not able to work here yet...anyway, just wanted to say hello, and keep up the great postings!

Rachael